Long weeks and late nights are my nemesis when it comes to feeling inspired in the kitchen. The last thing I want to do after a long day is cook a labor intensive meal. Heck the idea of making mac and cheese can sound exhausting some days. So this is where the trusty slow cooker comes in. You can prep this meal in less than 5 minutes and even prepare it the night before. Then just turn it on in the morning and you are guaranteed to walk into your home after a long day with the sweet smell of dinner dancing through your home. This juicy chicken in a tangy sweet sauce is the perfect accompaniment to a side of rice, over your favorite bun, alongside a salad or your favorite veggie. This recipe takes less time to make than it takes to pick out a dish from a take out menu. That’s my kind of dinner!
- 2 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup low sodium ketchup
- 3 Tbsp coconut sugar
- 1 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 Tbsp reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp pepper flakes
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- Combine all ingredients for the sauce in slow cooker and mix. Add the chicken coating all sides well.
- Cook on high for 3-4 hours (6-8 hours on low) or until the chicken is fully cooker throughout.
- Shred chicken and mix thoroughly with sauce.
“I want to be strapped to a table, while a family of chickens argues over who gets to eat my legs.” ~ Jarod Kintz